Top 2 Methods to Convert NSF to PST Free - Step by Step
HCL Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook are world-class email clients. Many big and small organizations used these email clients as their default email programs. But recently, many users are migrating Lotus Notes to Outlook.
In this post, we will discuss the reasons behind Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion and why NSF to PST conversion is important. We will also learn top methods to convert NSF to PST free.
What is Lotus Notes?
In 1989, Lotus Development Corporation developed Lotus Notes. It is a complete package that offers many business collaboration functions like Emails, To-Do, Calendars, Contact management, messaging, etc. In 1995, IBM bought Lotus that is why it is also known as IBM Notes or IBM Lotus Notes.
After the long run, HCL Technologies acquired this product in July 2019, and since, then it is known as HCL Notes. Lotus Notes use the NSF file to store all data. Sometimes NSF file is also known as the object-store. When Lotus Notes user modifies something, then all changes will be automatically reflected in the database, which later synchronized into the MDB file.
Why are users migrating Lotus Notes to Outlook?
Lotus Notes is a great email platform. But it is complex for novice users and very expensive, whereas MS Outlook is cost-effective and perfect for both technical and novice users. With Outlook, the user can also configure multiple email accounts. To get the benefits of MS Outlook, many users are performing Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion.
Why NSF to PST conversion?
MS Outlook uses PST files to store data. To access Lotus Notes data in Outlook, the user needs to convert NSF to PST format. After that user can access the data.
How to convert NSF to PST free?
To convert NSF to PST free, you can try the manual and third-party solutions. Here we will learn both manual and third-party solutions.
We divided the manual method into two steps:
- Export Lotus Notes NSF files into an intermediate CSV file
- Import CSV file into MS Outlook
Note: Please keep a backup before implementing these methods.
Step 1: Export Lotus Notes NSF files into an intermediate CSV file
- Launch HCL Notes
- Click on the File > Open > Lotus Notes Application
- In the Open Application window, select the required NSF file and click Open.
- Click on the File menu and click on the Export.
- Set the location and file name.
- From the file type list, select the Comma Separated Value
- Select the required options from the CSV Export dialogue box and click on the OK button.
- The exported data gets saved in a CSV file.
Step 2: Import CSV file into MS Outlook
- Open MS Outlook
- Click on the File menu and select Open & Export.
- Click on the Import and Export option.
- Choose Import from another program or file from the list and click on the Next button.
- Select Comma Separated Values as a file type and click on the Next button.
- Click on the browse button and select the exported CSV file path, which you created earlier and click on the Next button.
- Select the Outlook folder where you want to save data and click on the Next button.
- Select the checkbox and click on the Finish button.
Note: This technique is useful in certain circumstances. But, this method is tedious, and sometimes it fails to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook. If it is not handled correctly, then it might cause corruption in the NSF file.
Convert NSF to PST free using NSF to PST Converter Software
For this method, we are using SysCurve NSF to PST converter tool. This tool is powerful and quickly convert NSF file to PST format. By using NSF to PST converter free version, you can export the first 20 items per folder.
- Download and install the SysCurve NSF Converter.
- Launch the software and click on the Add file
- Select NSF files and click on OK
- After the loading process, the software will generate a complete preview mode. You can click on any item see the message (Optional)
- Click on the Export option and select Folders
- Select PST file format and set destination path to store resultant PST
- Click on the Export button to start NSF to PST conversion
- Finally, click on the Finish button.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to transfer emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook 2016?
If you are looking for a simple and instant solution, then go with third-party NSF to PST converter software. It will help you to perform NSF to PST conversion. After the conversion, you can open the resultant PST file with any version of MS Outlook, including 2019, 2016, 2013, etc.
Can I migrate NSF to Office 365 with this NSF to PST Converter?
Yes, by using this NSF converter, you can migrate NSF to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server. Apart from this, you can convert NSF to PST, MSG, EML, HTML, MBOX, and RTF formats.