Sep 23, 2021 | Email Conversion
Best way to convert NSF to MBOX format
By Deepak Singh Bisht
Lotus Notes or IBM Notes is an enterprise email program. Many organizations use this as their primary email application. IBM notes use NSF files to store user emails, contacts, calendar, etc. But this email program is complex and requires technical expertise. Because of the complicacy and lack of flexibility, many organizations are migrating Lotus Notes to other email clients like MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.
In this post, we will discuss the reasons behind Lotus Notes to MBOX conversion and the best way to convert NSF to MBOX. If you are also looking for the simplest way to perform NSF to MBOX conversion, then this post will be helpful for you.
Why do we need to import NSF to MBOX?
- Lotus Notes is an expensive and complex email program, whereas MBOX email clients are open-source and user friendly.
- NSF (Notes Storage Format) database is supported by IBM Domino Server as well as IBM Lotus Notes. On the other hand, the MBOX is supported by major email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird, Entourage, Apple Mail, Claws Mail, Eudora, etc.
Because of these reasons, many organizations are migrating Lotus Notes to MBOX email clients. However, you cannot directly access the NSF mailbox in the MBOX email application. To access the mailbox in MBOX email clients, users have to convert NSF to MBOX file format.
How to convert NSF to MBOX?
To convert NSF to MBOX, you can try third-party NSF to MBOX converter. Here we are going to use SysCurve NSF Converter software. This tool provides the best and safest way to convert Lotus Notes to MBOX file format.
Convert NSF to MBOX using NSF Converter
- Download and install the SysCurve NSF Converter tool.
- Launch the software and click on the Add file option
- Select NSF mailbox and click on the OK button to load the file
- After the loading process, the software will manage all items inside a list structure. Select any item to see message details. (Optional)
- Click on the Export option and select folders, which you want to export
- Choose the MBOX file option and provide a location to save the resultant file
- Finally, click on the Export button to start NSF to MBOX conversion
- Once the process gets completed, click on the OK button.
After the Lotus Notes to MBOX conversion, you can open the resultant file with MBOX supported email clients.
Other helpful features
- Convert NSF to MBOX, EML, PST, MSG, HTML, and other file formats
- Preview mailbox inside the software windows
- Allow selective conversion based on Date, To, Cc, Bcc, From, etc.
- Free NSF to MBOX conversion for the first 20 items
- Compatible with Windows OS, including Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I convert NSF to MBOX files separately?
Yes, with the help of Lotus Notes to MBOX converter tool, you can export a separate MBOX file for each folder or single MBOX for each NSF file.
Is this tool supports large files of Lotus Notes?
Yes, the advanced algorithm of the NSF to MBOX converter tool easily handle large size NSF file and convert Lotus Notes to MBOX without hassle.
Does Lotus Notes installation is required to perform NSF to MBOX conversion?
Yes, the NSF Converter tool requires IBM Lotus Notes installation with an email account on the client machine to perform the NSF to PST conversion.
Can I convert Lotus Notes to Thunderbird using this NSF Converter?
Yes, by using this tool, you can convert Lotus Notes to Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Entourage, Eudora, Evolution Mail, etc.