Jun 12, 2022 | Email Conversion
How to Convert GroupWise to Outlook – A Complete Guide
By Deepak Singh Bisht
Novell GroupWise is a popular email application. Many organizations use this email program to send/receive emails. It provides secure email, scheduling, calendaring and instant messaging. GroupWise also includes task management, contact management, and other tools. You can use it as a desktop client on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. You can access it from anywhere, anytime, through its webmail. Despite these features and high-level security, many users are migrating from GroupWise to Outlook.
In this post, we will discuss the reasons for migrating GroupWise to Outlook. We will also learn how to transfer emails from GroupWise to Outlook. If you are looking for an easy way to do this conversion, then this post will help you.
Reasons to migrate GroupWise to Outlook
Each user has different reasons to migrate GroupWise emails to Outlook. Some of them are listed below.
- Technical problems arise unexpectedly
- Trouble opening or sending email
- It does not support shared folders
- It crashes again and again
- GroupWise's interface is pretty basic
- High chances for corruption
- Complex for the new user
For these reasons, many users are migrating GroupWise email to Outlook.
Why migrating GroupWise to Outlook?
GroupWise is a popular email application, but many users find it complex to work with it. On the other hand, Outlook is known for its simple user interface, high security, fast synchronization, and advanced features. As a result, many professional users are migrating GroupWise to Outlook.
Why convert GroupWise to Outlook?
MS Outlook uses OST and PST files to store user data. To access the data in Outlook, the user needs to convert Novell GroupWise to Outlook PST format. After conversion, you can access all your emails in Outlook.
How to convert GroupWise to PST?
To perform this conversion, you can use manual and third-party GroupWise to Outlook Converter. Here we are going to use both solutions to perform this migration. You can choose any method as per your convenience.
Instant Solution - SysCurve GroupWise to Outlook Converter
Quickly convert GroupWise to PST, MSG, EML, and other file formats.
Method 1: Adding a GroupWise Account to Microsoft Outlook
To perform this method, you need to have GroupWise and Outlook installed on your machine.
- Open Control panel
- Select User Accounts and Family Safety and click on Mail
- Select Novell GroupWise and click on the Add button to create a new profile
- Enter a name for the profile and click on the OK button
- From Add Account screen, choose Manual setup or additional server types and click on the Next button.
- Select Outlook.com or Exchange ActiveSync compatible service option and click on the Next button
- In Server Settings, enter GroupWise user’s full name, GroupWise address, Mobility Server name or IP address, GroupWise user name, password, and click on the Next button.
- Once the account setting is verified, click on the Close and Finish button.
- From the Mail window, select Outlook GroupWise Account and choose Always use this profile.
- Select Outlook GroupWise Account from the list
- Click on the OK button to save all settings.
- Now, launch MS Outlook.
After launching Outlook, it will synchronize the data from the GroupWise account.
Method 2: Convert GroupWise to PST using GroupWise to Outlook Converter
Here we are going to use SysCurve GroupWise to Outlook Migration Tool. It is one of the most preferred tools which converts GroupWise email to Outlook PST format. Using this tool, you can also do selective conversions.
- Download and install the GroupWise to Outlook Converter
- Open the tool, click on the Add GroupWise button, select files, and click on the OK button.
- Once the loading process is complete, select any item to view the message.
- Select any folder and right-click on the selected folder
- Select Export in Outlook PST or Outlook PST Export option
- Provide a location where you want to save the resultant PST file and click on the Next button to start GroupWise to Outlook conversion
- Once the process is complete, click on the Finish button.
After the conversion, you can open the converted PST file with any Outlook version.
Other helpful features
- Convert GroupWise to PST, MSG, EML, and other file formats.
- Preview all emails with attachments
- Maintain folder hierarchy
- Convert GroupWise to PST based on Date and Item types
- No file size limitation
- Set PST file password
- Split the resulting PST file
- Support MS Outlook 2019 and earlier versions
- Compatible with all Windows versions, including Windows 10
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I transfer emails from GroupWise to Outlook?
To migrate GroupWise emails to Outlook, you can use manual methods and third-party converter tools. However, manual solutions are complex and take a lot of time. If you are looking for a simple solution, use SysCurve GroupWise to Outlook Converter.
How do I open a GroupWise file?
To open GroupWise files, you can use the SysCurve GroupWise to Outlook migration tool. With the help of this tool, you can open and view GroupWise files. This tool also allows users to convert and export the first 50 items per folder for free.