In this post, we will discuss why users are choosing MS Outlook over other email platforms and how to convert MBOX to PST. If you are looking for the best way to convert MBOX files to PST, then this post will be helpful for you.
Microsoft Outlook is personal information manager software. Many individual and professional users use it to send and receive emails. MS Outlook is known for its advanced features, better management system, and high level of security. To take advantage of these features, many users from other email platforms are migrating to MS Outlook.
Why Convert MBOX to PST?
MBOX is a popular file format. Many email clients use MBOX to store user mailbox data. When a user migrates from the MBOX-supported email client to MS Outlook, the user has to convert MBOX to PST. After performing this conversion, you can access your mailbox data in MS Outlook.
How to convert MBOX to PST?
To convert MBOX files to PST, you can use manual or third-party solutions. Here we will learn how to convert MBOX to PST manually. We'll also learn an easier way to do this conversion using a third-party MBOX to PST converter.
Instant Solution - SysCurve MBOX to PST Converter
Quickly convert MBOX to PST, EML, HTML, MSG, RTF, and other file formats.
Method 1: Configure Thunderbird with Outlook
To perform this manual solution, you must have a Gmail account. Also, make sure that Thunderbird and Outlook are installed on your machine.
Step 1: Enable IMAP Protocol
- Login to your Gmail account, go to the Settings, and choose the Settings option.
- Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and enable the IMAP option.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
Step 2: Allow Less Secure App
- Go to the https://myaccount.google.com/
- Click on the Security and select the Less secure app access
- Enable Less secure app access option
Step 3: Configure Gmail with Thunderbird
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird, go to the Tools and select Thunderbird options.
- Click on the Account Settings option, select Account Actions, and choose Add Mail Account option.
- Enter name, email address, password, select Remember password check box and click on the Continue button.
- Choose IMAP (remote folders) option and click on the Done button.
Step 4: Import MBOX to Gmail
- From the left pane, right-click on the Gmail account and select the New Folder option.
- Provide a name for the folder and click on the Create Folder button.
- Select your Thunderbird account, press Ctrl+A to select all emails, right-click and select the Copy To option.
- Select your Gmail address and select the folder you just created.
- Go to your Gmail account and click on the folder to verify.
Step 5: Configure Gmail with Outlook
- Open MS Outlook and Go to the File option.
- Click on the Account Settings and choose the Account Settings option.
- Under the E-mail tab, click on the New.
- Enter your name, Gmail address, password, retype the password and click on the Next button.
- Once the validation process is complete, click on the Finish button.
Method 2: Import MBOX to Outlook using Apple Mail
To perform this manual solution, you must have Apple Mail, Outlook Express, Eudora, and Outlook installed on your machine.
Step 1: Import Mailbox data to Apple Mail
- Launch Apple Mail, go to the File, and select the Import Mailboxes option.
- Select the MBOX file and click on the Continue button.
- Set path, choose MBOX, and then click on the Continue.
Step 2: Move Apple Mail file to Eudora
- Add the .mbx file extension to the imported file.
- Move the file to Eudora directory C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora.
- Launch Eudora and double-click on the MBOX file.
- Close the Eudora.
Step 3: Transfer Eudora to Outlook Express
- Open Outlook Express and go to the File option.
- Select Import and choose the Messages option.
- Select Eudora from the email applications list and click on the Next button.
- Browse the Eudora location to select the .mbx file and click on the OK button.
- Click on Next -> Next -> Finish button.
Step 4: Import Mailbox from Outlook Express to MS Outlook
- Open MS Outlook, go to the File option, and click Open > Import.
- Select Import Internet Mail and Addresses and click on the Next button.
- Click Outlook Express and select the Import Mail check box.
- Click on the Next and Finish buttons.
With the help of these manual methods, you can quickly import MBOX into Outlook, and after the process, Outlook will store all the imported data in OST or PST file. But manual solutions require technical expertise and are a time-consuming process. The manual method also varies depending on the email application versions. If you don't want to convert MBOX to PST manually, you can use a third-party MBOX to PST converter.
Method 3: Convert MBOX to PST using MBOX to PST Converter
Here, we are going to use SysCurve MBOX to PST Converter. With the help of this tool, you can quickly convert and export MBOX to PST, EML, MSG, HTML, and other file formats. The software supports over 20 MBOX email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Eudora, etc. To perform this MBOX to PST conversion, follow the steps below.
- Download and install the SysCurve MBOX to PST Converter.
- Open the tool, click on the Browse button, select the MBOX file, and click on the OK button to load the file.
- Once the loading process is complete, you can view MBOX file data.
- Choose the Export option and select the folder you want to export.
- Select PST as an export option and provide a location where you want to store the converted PST file.
- Click on the Export button to start the MBOX to PST conversion.
- Once the process is complete, click on the Finish button.
Other Helpful Features
- Convert MBOX to PST, MSG, EML, HTML, RTF, and other file formats.
- Support more than 20 MBOX-supported email clients.
- Support MBOX, MBX, and MBS format.
- Preview all MBOX items.
- Perform selective conversion based on To, Cc, Bcc, Subject, From, and Date.
- Migrate MBOX to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server.
- Free MBOX to PST conversion for the first 20 items from each folder.
- Compatible with Windows OS and support all versions of MS Outlook.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I open an MBOX file in Outlook?
MS Outlook does not support MBOX files. To open MBOX file data in Outlook, you need to convert MBOX files to PST format. After that, you can open the converted PST file in MS Outlook.
What is the best MBOX to PST Converter?
There are different MBOX converter tools available, but SysCurve MBOX to PST Converter is considered to be the best tool. It is known for its simple user interface and advanced features. The algorithm of this tool performs MBOX to PST conversion quickly. The software comes with a free trial version that allows users to convert and export the first 20 items from each folder.
How to convert MBOX to PST free?
To convert MBOX to PST for free, you can use manual solutions. There are various methods available that allow users to perform this conversion. You can also use the free demo version of the SysCurve MBOX to PST Converter. With the help of the demo version, you can convert and save the first 20 items per folder for free.
How do I save Thunderbird emails as PST?
To convert Thunderbird to PST, you can configure Thunderbird with Outlook or use a third-party MBOX converter. If you are looking for the best and simplest way, use SysCurve MBOX to PST converter software. Using this tool, you can convert Thunderbird emails to PST format quickly.
Can I convert MBOX to PST online?
Yes, there are many websites available that allow users to convert MBOX to PST online. However, the online method depends on several factors like file size, internet connection, etc. If you have an unstable internet connection, this method is very frustrating and time-consuming. Many personal and professional users do not prefer this method due to data security. If you are worried about your data, you should try SysCurve MBOX to PST Converter. It does not depend on the internet connection. It also offers a free trial version. With the help of the demo version, you can preview MBOX file data, convert MBOX files, and export the first 20 items from each folder.