How to convert Netscape Mail to Outlook?
May 19, 2021 | Posted by: Deepak Singh Bisht
The Netscape Mail or Netscape Messenger is an open-source email client developed by Netscape. It is a desktop-based email client, which uses MBOX files to save user data. Netscape Mail & Newsgroups supports IMAP, POP3, and SMTP protocols. It also supports Windows, MAC, and Linux OS.
On November 24, 1998, AOL acquired Netscape Communications at US$4.2 billion. But after acquiring Netscape, AOL has made it more complicated. On March 1, 2008, AOL stopped upgrades and support. After this announcement, many users migrated their mailbox to other trusted email programs like Mozilla Thunderbird, MS Outlook, etc. Even now, many users are using this email program as their default email program.
If you are using the Netscape Mail and want to transfer Netscape Mail to Outlook, then this post will be helpful for you.
Why users import Netscape Mail to Outlook?
MS Outlook is a personal information manager developed by Microsoft. Many personal and professional users use Outlook as their default email program for sending and receiving email. MS Outlook is known for its features, simple user interface, and high-level security. It can be used as a standalone application or with SharePoint and Exchange server.
To get these benefits, many Netscape Mail users migrated their mailbox to Outlook. Even now, many users are still migrating Netscape Mail to Outlook.
How to move Netscape Mail to Outlook?
To perform this process, you can try manual and third-party solutions. The manual method to convert Netscape Mail to Outlook is long and requires technical expertise. So, if you are looking for an instant solution to transfer Netscape Mailbox to Outlook, then try a third-party MBOX converter tool.
Convert Netscape Mail to Outlook using MBOX to PST Converter
Here we are going to use SysCurve MBOX to PST Converter . It is one of the best tools that easily convert MBOX to Outlook PST, EML, MSG, and other file formats.
- Download and install the SysCurve MBOX Converter.
- Launch the software
- Click on the Browse option and choose MBOX file option
- Click on the Browse button, select Netscape Mail MBOX file, and click on the OK button to start the loading process
- After the loading process, the software will generate a complete preview inside the software window. You can click on any item to see the details.
- Click on the Export option and select the folders, which you want to convert.
- Choose the Outlook data file (PST) as an export option.
- Provide a location for the log file and set the destination path to save the resultant file
- Click on the Export button to start Netscape to Outlook Transfer process.
- Once the process is done, click on the Finish button.
Other helpful features
- Convert MBOX to PST, EML, MSG, HTML, MHTML, RTF and other file format.
- Perform selective conversion based on From, To, Subject, Cc, Bcc, Date, etc.
- Support over 20 MBOX email clients like Thunderbird, Netscape Mail, Claws Mail, Eudora, Evolution, etc.
- Support MBOX/MBS/MBX file formats
- Compatible with Windows OS, including Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the default file location of Netscape mail?
- Windows OS: C:/Users/admin/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Profiles
- Mac OS: ~/Library/Mozilla
- Linux OS: $HOME/.mozilla
How to convert Netscape Mail to Outlook free?
Try manual solutions to convert Netscape Mail to Outlook for free. You can also try the free demo version of the SysCurve MBOX Converter tool. But the free version only allows users to save the first 20 items from each folder. If you want to convert more files, then purchase the full version of this software.