Lotus Notes is a popular email client. It is a complete package that provides multiple business collaboration functions like email, to-do, calendar, contact management, messaging, etc. But this email program is too complicated and expensive. As a result, many professional users migrate from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
In this post, we will discuss why convert NSF to PST, how to transfer Lotus Notes to Outlook, and an easy way to convert NSF to PST. If you are looking for the best way to do this conversion, then this post will be helpful for you.
Why convert NSF to PST?
MS Outlook does not support NSF files. It uses PST files to store user mailbox data on the local machine. To open the NSF file in Outlook, the user needs to convert NSF to PST format. After that, the user can access the Lotus Notes mailbox data in Outlook.
How to transfer Lotus Notes to Outlook?
To migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook, you can use the manual method or a third-party NSF to PST converter. Here we will discuss both methods. You can choose any of these remedies as per your convenience.
Instant Solution - SysCurve NSF to PST Converter
Quickly convert Lotus Notes NSF to PST, MBOX, EML, MSG, and other file formats.
Method 1: Convert NSF to PST using Manaual Method
We have divided the manual solution into two steps. To convert NSF to PST manually, follow the steps given below.
Note: Please keep a backup before applying this method.
Step 1: Export Lotus Notes NSF files into an intermediate CSV file
- Launch IBM Lotus Notes
- Click on the File > Open > Lotus Notes Application
- In the Open Application window, select the required NSF file and click Open.
- Click on the File menu and click on the Export.
- Set the location and file name.
- From the file type list, select the Comma Separated Value
- Select the required options from the CSV Export dialogue box and click on the OK button.
- The exported data gets saved in a CSV file.
Step 2: Import CSV file into MS Outlook
- Open MS Outlook, go to the File menu, and select Open & Export.
- Click on the Import and Export option.
- Choose Import from another program or file from the list and click on the Next button.
- Select Comma Separated Values as a file type and click on the Next button.
- Click on the browse button, select the exported CSV file path, and click on the Next button.
- Select the Outlook folder where you want to save data and click on the Next button.
- Select the checkbox and click on the Finish button.
Note: This method is useful. However, it is lengthy and requires technical expertise. In some cases, it does not convert NSF to PST format properly.
Method 2: Convert NSF to PST using NSF to PST Converter
Here, we are going to use SysCurve NSF to PST Converter tool. It is one of the most preferred tools that provide the best way to migrate NSF to PST. The algorithm of this tool quickly acts on the NSF and generates a quick preview mode. After that, you can convert NSF to Outlook PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, and other helpful file formats. However, the software requires Lotus Notes installation on the local machine. To perform this conversion, follow the steps below.
- Download and install the SysCurve NSF to PST Converter.
- Launch the software and click on the Add file
- Select the NSF database you want to convert and click on the OK button to start the loading process
- After the loading process, the software will generate a complete preview mode. You can click on any item see the message (Optional)
- Select the Export option and choose Folders which you want to convert
- Select PST as an Export option and provide a destination path where you want to store the resultant PST file
- Click on the Export button to start NSF to PST conversion.
- Once the process is complete, click on the Finish button.
Note: Please keep a backup before converting Lotus Notes to PST.
Other helpful features
- Convert Lotus Notes to PST, EML, MBOX, MSG, HTML, RTF, and other file formats
- Generate quick preview mode inside the software window
- Maintain original folder structure
- Migrate NSF to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server
- Free NSF to PST Conversion for the first 20 items from each folder
- Support all versions of MS Outlook, including Outlook 2019.
- Compatible with all editions of Windows OS, including Windows 10.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I convert NSF to Outlook?
To convert NSF to Outlook, you can use Syscurve NSF to PST converter software. With the help of this tool, you can quickly perform NSF to PST conversion. After the conversion, you can open the resultant PST file with any version of MS Outlook.
Can I convert NSF to PST without Lotus Notes using this tool?
No, SysCurve NSF to PST Converter tool requires Lotus Notes installation to perform NSF to PST conversion. Without Lotus Notes, you cannot migrate NSF to PST.
Can Outlook open NSF files?
No, Outlook does not support the NSF database. To open NSF file in Outlook, you have to convert Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST. After that, you can open the converted PST file with MS Outlook.
Can I migrate NSF to Office 365 using this software?
Yes, with the help of the SysCurve NSF to PST converter software, you can migrate NSF to Office 365. However, this feature is available in the business and enterprise versions of this software. You can use the free demo version to check this feature. Using this, you can migrate the first 20 items from each folder to Office 365 or Live Exchange Server.