In this post, we will discuss PST and EML files and why convert PST to EML. We will also learn how to convert PST to EML manually and how PST to EML converter makes the process easier. If you are looking for a quick solution to perform this task, then this post will be helpful for you.
What is a PST file?
Personal Storage Table or PST is one of the most popular file formats. MS Outlook uses this file to store copies of emails, calendars, contacts, and other items on the local machine. You can also use PST files for backup and migration purposes.
What is an EML file?
Like PST, EML is also a popular file format. It saves a single message with the subject, sender, date, and multiple attachments. Many major email clients like MS Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, and Thunderbird support EML files. Users also use EML files for data sharing, backup, and migration purposes.
Why convert PST to EML?
No other email client than Outlook uses or supports PST files. If a user wants to use PST file data outside of MS Outlook, the user has to convert PST to some other file format. Most users prefer EML files because most email clients use or support EML files. Because of this, many users convert PST to EML format.
Benefits of EML file
- Data sharing is much easier
- Used by various email clients
- Users can open EML files with a web browser by just changing the file extension to .mht.
- It can be used for backup data.
Instant Solution - SysCurve PST File Converter
Quickly convert PST to EML, MBOX, MSG, EMLX, HTML, and other file formats.
How to convert PST to EML manually?
To convert PST to EML manually, you must have MS Outlook and Thunderbird installed on your machine. To perform this conversion, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Import PST to Thunderbird
- In your Windows machine, go to the Settings and select the Default Program option
- Click on the Email and select MS Outlook (Desktop) from the Choose an app list
- Open Thunderbird and click on the Thunderbird menu icon
- Select Tools and choose the Import option
- Select Import Everything or choose the Mail option as per your requirement and click on the Next button
- From the select the type of file, select Outlook and click on the Next button
- Click on the Finish button to complete the process.
Step 2: Export EML from Thunderbird
- After importing PST file data, select emails you want to convert and export. To select all emails, press Ctrl+A
- Right-click on the selected emails and select Save as an option
- Select the folder where you want to store the EML files and click on the Select Folder button
- After the process, go to the folder, and you will find all EML files there.
This method is long and requires technical expertise. If you are looking for an easier way to convert PST files to EML, you can use a third-party PST to EML converter. By using this, you can save time and effort.
Convert PST to EML using PST to EML Converter
Here we are going to use the SysCurve PST File Converter. Using this software, you can not only convert and export PST to EML, but you can also change PST to MSG, HTML, RTF, and other file formats.
If you have a corrupted PST file, then you can use the SysCurve Outlook PST Repair tool. With the help of this tool, you can repair PST and save recovered data to PST, EML, MSG, HTML, and other file formats.
Both these tools provide options to convert PST to EML format. You can choose any of these tools as per your requirement.
- Download and install the SysCurve PST File Converter
- Open the tool and click on the Add file option.
- Select PST you want to convert and click on the OK button to start the loading process.
- Once the loading process is complete, the software will generate preview mode inside the software window. You can select any message to see the message.
- Click on the Export option and select folders you want to convert.
- Select EML as an Export option and provide a path to save the output EML files
- Click on the Export button to start the PST to EML conversion.
- Once the process is complete, click on the Finish button.
Other helpful features
- Convert PST to EML, MBOX, EMLX, MSG, HTML, RTF, and other file formats.
- Preview PST file data inside the software
- Maintain original folder structure.
- Process unlimited PST files.
- Migrate PST to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server.
- No limit for PST file size
- Perform selective conversion based on date, to, cc, subject, from, etc.
- Free PST to EML conversion for the first 20 items from each folder
- Support all versions of MS Outlook, including Outlook 2019.
- Compatible with all editions of Windows OS.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I import a PST file into Thunderbird?
To import a PST file into Thunderbird, you can use the SysCurve PST File Converter tool. Using this tool, you can convert PST file to MBOX format. After the conversion, you can open the converted MBOX files with Mozilla Thunderbird.
Which is the best PST to EML converter?
SysCurve PST file converter is considered the best tool to convert PST to EML. With the help of this tool, you can also convert PST to MSG, HTML, and other helpful file formats. This tool also works as a free PST viewer.
How to convert PST to EML without Outlook?
If you want to convert PST to EML without Outlook, then the SysCurve PST File Converter tool will be perfect for you. This tool does not require MS Outlook installation to convert PST files to EML format. With the help of this tool, you can also convert PST to MSG, RTF, HTML, and other file formats. The software also comes with a free trial version. Using the demo version, you can save the first 20 items per folder.
How to convert PST to EML online?
There are various websites available that users can use to convert PST to EML online. But the online method is not considered secure. If you have important emails and are concerned about your data, SysCurve PST File Converter is the best choice. It is a desktop-based software that allows users to convert PST to EML, MSG, HTML, and other file formats. The tool also comes with a free trial version. Using the free demo version, you can preview PST file data and export the first 20 items from each folder for free.