MS Outlook and MS Exchange Server are the two best-known products developed by Microsoft. These products provide one of the best e-communication environments. Both support each other to keep the communication smooth. By default, MS Exchange Server stores all user data.
In 2003, Microsoft Outlook introduced a new feature called cached exchange mode. With the help of this option, the user can save a copy of the exchange server data on the local machine in the form of an OST file. The cached exchange mode feature allows users to work offline. This feature allows users to access and modify the previously downloaded data without an Internet connection. When Internet connectivity is possible, then all changes will sync to the exchange server.
OST is a sensitive file and working with this file is not that easy. When the user works in offline mode, then users face various types of error messages. Every error has some specific reasons and conditions.
In this post, we are going to discuss Exchange is currently in recovery mode error and the reasons behind this error. We will also learn how to fix Exchange is currently in recovery mode. If you are facing this issue and looking for a quick solution, then this post will be beneficial for you.
What is Exchange is currently in recovery mode?
Exchange is currently in recovery mode is a common error. It occurs when the cached copy of the mailbox is different from the copy on the MS Exchange Server. This error also occurs in the following situations.
- Issues in the DNS server settings/setup
- A slow and Internet connection between the client and the server.
How to fix Outlook error Exchange is currently in recovery mode?
To fix this error, you can try manual or third-party solutions. Here we will learn the manual method to fix Exchange is currently in Recovery Mode error. We will also learn how a third-party solution fixes this error.
Note: Please keep a backup before implementing these methods.
Method 1: Disable Cached Exchange Mode
- Open MS Outlook and go to the File option
- Select Account Settings and click on the Account Settings
- Click on the change, uncheck the Use Cached Exchange Mode, and click on the Next button.
- Take a backup of the OST file and after that, remove or delete the Offline OST file
- Go to Outlook, check the Use Cached Exchange Mode, and click on the Next
- Restart MS Outlook and make sure the settings are correct
If everything is correct, then Exchange Mailbox will create a new OST file automatically.
Method 2: Use Third-party OST to PST Converter
If the manual method failed, then use SysCurve OST to PST Converter. It is one of the best tools, which easily convert OST to PST. With the help of this software, you can access the inaccessible OST file and convert into PST format. After the conversion, you can easily open the resultant PST file with MS Outlook and can access your emails.
- First, download and install the software
- Launch the tool and click on the Add File option
- Select the inaccessible OST file, click on the Scan, and click on the OK
- After the process, the software will display all emails
- Click on the Export and choose Select All Folders
- Select PST (outlook data file) as an Export option and provide a location to save the file
- Click on the Export button to start the conversion process
- Once the process gets completed, then click on the OK button.
After this, you can open the PST file With MS Outlook. You can use this software to fix all Outlook errors.
Other helpful features
- Repair inaccessible, damaged and corrupted OST file
- Convert OST to PST, EML, MBOX, MSG, and other file formats
- Migrate OST to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server
- Display OST file data inside the software windows
- Maintain original hierarchy folder structure
- Free conversion and migration for the first 20 items per folder
Frequently Asked Questions
How to recover data from the old OST file?
To recover data from the old OST file, you can use SysCurve OST to PST Converter. This software will easily recover data from the OST file and convert all data into PST format. After the conversion, you can access the resultant PST file with all versions of MS Outlook, including 2019, 2016, 2013, etc.
Can I open OST file with this software?
Yes, you can open the OST file with this software. The software does not require MS Outlook installation to open the OST file. By using this software, you can view all OST file data inside the software window, and you can also export the first 20 items per folder for free. After this software, you don’t need any OST viewer.