An OST (Offline Storage Table) file is an offline Outlook data file. This file allows users to work offline, and afterward, file synchronizes automatically with the exchange server.
In MS Office 365, Exchange, or Outlook.com account, the data is stored in the OST data file. These data files are dependable, yet they can stop working or get damaged. All Outlook version offers a repair tool to regenerate the OST file automatically.
Here we will discuss the steps to repair corrupted data files and how to recover missing items from your inbox?
How to repair OST file?
- Make sure the email app is closed.
- Open Control Panel
- Select User Accounts
- Click on the Mail option.
- In the Mail Setup screen, click on the Show Profiles button.
- Select the profile you want to fix and click on the Properties button.
- Click on the Email Accounts button.
- In the account settings screen, select the Data Files tab
- Select the account and click on the Open File Location button.
- Delete the damaged OST file
- Close all open screens
Finally, open the desktop version of the MS outlook again to recreate the OST file.
Back To Home