Opera Mail is a well-known email and news client developed by Opera Software. It was an integrated component within the Opera browser. In 2013, Opera Mail became a separate product that combines email, contact, newsgroups, RSS feeds, and spam filters into one single application. It uses MBS files to save user data. It also supports POP3 and IMAP protocols. Opera Mail received the last update in 2016 and after that, it was discontinued. After the announcement, many users migrated Opera mail to MS Outlook.
In this post, we will discuss why you should migrate Opera Mail to Outlook, a small comparison between Opera Mail and MS Outlook, and a simple method to import Opera Mail to Outlook.
Why should you migrate Opera Mail to Outlook?
Opera Mail is a light-weight application with interactive GUI. But Opera Mail is discontinued, which means Opera will not provide any technical support and security updates in the future. On the other side, MS Outlook is a well-known personal information manager. Users can use Outlook as a standalone application or with Microsoft Exchange Server.
Apart from this, Outlook is known for its features and simple user interface. By using MS Outlook, users can access email in offline. Outlook also provides the best email management, advanced security, and better support.
Opera Mail Vs Outlook
|It supports IMAP and POP.||It supports IMAP and POP.|
|Support multiple accounts||Support multiple accounts|
|It does not support the exchange server.||Support exchange server|
|Does not have Snooze Emails option||Snooze Emails option available|
Why need to convert Opera Mail to Outlook?
Opera Mail uses MBS files to save user data, whereas MS Outlook uses OST and PST files to save user data. To access Opera Mail data in Outlook, the user need to convert MBS to PST format. After the conversion, the user will be able to open the resulting PST file with all versions of MS Outlook.
Import Opera Mail to Outlook using MBOX to PST Converter
Here we are going to use SysCurve MBOX to PST Converter to transfer Opera Mail to Outlook. This software support MBOX, MBS, and MBX file.
- Download and install the MBOX Converter.
- Launch the software and click on the Browse option
- Select the MBS file and click on the OK button to start the loading process
- After the loading process, the software will manage the data and generate a preview mode inside the software window.
- Click on the Export and choose PST (Outlook data file) option
- Provide a destination path where you want to save the converted PST file
- Click on the Export button to start Opera Mail to Outlook conversion
After the conversion, you will be able to open the exported PST file with MS Outlook.
Other helpful features of Opera Mail to Outlook converter
- Easily change MBOX, MBS, and MBX file to PST, MSG, EML, HTML, RTF, and MHTML format.
- Support data files of more than 20 MBOX email clients like Opera Mail, Netscape Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, Apple Mail, Evolution Mail, etc.
- Perform selective conversion based on To, Cc, From, Bcc, and Date range
- Export the first 20 items from each folder for free
- Support all versions of MS Outlook and Windows OS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any manual method available to import Opera Mail to Outlook?
Yes. You can import Opera Mail to Outlook using the manual method. To do this first you need to export the MBS file from the Opera Mail. After that, remove the .MBS file extension. Open the Thunderbird and import MBOX file to Thunderbird. After that, you can easily import Thunderbird to Outlook.
Can I perform Opera Mail to Office 365 migration with this software?
Yes. By using the MBOX Converter, you can perform Opera Mail to Office 365 migration. But this functionality is available in business and enterprise versions. You can also try MBOX to Office 365 migration tool to migrate Opera Mail to Office 365 account.