MS Outlook is one of the most popular desktop-based email clients. Many personal and professional users use it as their default email program for sending and receiving emails. Outlook uses PST to store user emails, contacts, calendars, etc. MS Outlook also provides an option to password protect the PST file.
Many Outlook users use this option to protect their PST files and data. Some users set complex passwords to prevent others from opening their files. However, there is always the possibility of forgetting the PST password. In case a user forgets the PST password, the user has to remove the password to access the data.
In this post, we will learn how to remove the PST password. If you forgot your Outlook PST password and want to remove password from PST files, this post will help you.
How to remove password from PST?
You can use a manual method or PST password recovery tool to remove password from a PST file. Here you will learn both manual and third-party solutions to remove the PST password.
Instant Solution - SysCurve PST Password Recovery Tool
Quickly reset and remove password from the PST file.
How to remove PST password manually?
Here, we will use the two manual methods to remove the Outlook PST password. With the help of these manual processes, you can quickly remove passwords from PST files.
Note: To perform this method, you must have Outlook installed on your machine.
Method 1: Remove PST password using pst19upg.exe
If you're using MS Outlook 2002 and earlier versions, you can use the pst19upg.exe utility. With the help of this, you can upgrade the PST and also remove password from the PST file. To perform this method, follow the steps below.
- Close MS Outlook
- Make a copy of the PST file
- Run SCANPST.exe and repair the PST copy
- After that, move the file to the pst19upg.exe location
- Open the command prompt
- Enter the location of the pst19upg.exe and hit Enter key
- Enter pst19upg.exe -x PSTFileCopy.pst and hit Enter key
- After that, it will create a new file PSTFileCopy.psx
- Rename the original PST file different name
- Enter pst19upg.exe -i PSTFileCopy.psx and hit Enter key
- After that, it will create a new file without any password.
Method 2: Remove password from PST using the Change password option
- Launch MS Outlook and go to the File tab
- Click Account Settings and choose the Account Settings option
- Click the Data Files tab and select the PST file
- After selecting PST, click the Settings option
- Click the Change Password button and enter your old password
- Leave the remaining fields blank and click the OK button.
Note: If you forgot your Outlook PST password, Outlook can't retrieve it. For this, you should use a third-party PST password recovery tool or PST password removal tool.
Method 3: Remove forgotten password from PST file using the PST Password Recovery tool
Here, we are going to use the SysCurve PST Password Recovery tool. It is one of the most preferred tools that quickly reset and remove the PST password. Follow these steps to perform this method:
- Download and install the PST password removal tool
- Open the tool and click the Add File option
- Click on the Browse button and select PST file
- Click on the Browse button and provide a destination folder to save the unlocked PST file
- Click the Remove Password button to remove the PST password.
Other Helpful Features
- Remove PST password within a few steps
- Preview the folder structure
- Support Unicode and ANSI PST
- Provide a free demo version
- Support all versions of MS Outlook like 2010, 2013, 2016, etc.
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I remove the forgotten password from my PST file?
Yes. With the help of the SysCurve PST password recovery tool, you can quickly remove the forgotten password from the PST file without hassle.
Can I use this tool to remove the multi-lingual language PST password?
Yes. The algorithm of the SysCurve PST Password removal tool allows users to remove the language-oriented password.
Does this tool remove the password from the corrupt PST file?
No. The software requires healthy PST files to remove the PST password.
Does this tool require MS Outlook to remove the PST password?
No. The PST password removal tool works as a standalone application. To remove password from a PST, the software does not require MS Outlook or any other application.
What is the best PST password recovery tool?
SysCurve PST Password Removal is the best software that allows users to remove and reset PST passwords. The software is known for its simplicity. No technical expertise is required to run this tool and unlock PST.
Is there a free PST password removal tool?
No. There are no free tools to remove the PST password. If you're looking for a free solution, try the above-mentioned manual method. However, the manual method requires the old password. If you forgot your PST password, then try the SysCurve PST password removal tool. Using this software, you can quickly remove password from a PST file. The tool also comes with a free demo version.
Does this tool come with a free demo version?
Yes. SysCurve PST password recovery tool comes with a free demo version. With the help of the trial version, you can preview the folder structure and remove the PST password. To export PST, you need to purchase the full version of this tool.