GNOME Evolution is one of the most popular personal information managers. Many big and small organizations are using it as their default email program. Evolution’s user interface is similar to MS Outlook. It supports POP and IMAP protocols for email retrievals and SMTP for email transmission. Evolution Mail is a free email platform, and it uses MBOX files to save user data.
Evolution mail supports Linux OS. Users who wish to migrate from Linux to Windows, choose Outlook as an alternative email program because Outlook and Evolution Mail are similar. But migrating data from Evolution to Outlook is a very difficult task because Outlook does not support the MBOX file. To access the Evolution mailbox in Outlook, the user needs to Convert Evolution Mail to Outlook PST format.
In this post, we will learn how to convert Evolution to Outlook. If you are also an Evolution user and want to convert Evolution Mail to Outlook, then this post will be helpful for you.
Import Evolution Mail to Outlook using MBOX to PST Converter
To Import Evolution Mail to Outlook, we are going to use SysCurve MBOX to PST Converter tool. This tool is secure and easily handles large MBOX files.
- First, move Evolution Mailbox to a Windows machine.
- Install and open the MBOX software
- Click on the browse option, select Evolution Mailbox and click on the OK button to upload the file
- After the uploading process, the software will manage your data and generate a quick preview inside the software window.
- Click on the Export option and select folders which you want to convert
- Now, choose PST file and provide a path for log file
- Set a destination path to save the resultant file and click on the Export button
- Once the Evolution mail to Outlook conversion gets completed, click on OK button
After the conversion, you can access the converted file in MS Outlook. You can also try the free version of SysCurve MBOX to PST converter tool. With the help of demo version, you can export the first 20 emails from every folder.
Other features of MBOX to PST Converter
- Convert MBOX to PST, MSG, HTML, EML, RTF, and MHTML format
- Support more than 20 MBOX email clients like Eudora, Apple Mail, Evolution Mail, Claws Mail, PocoMail, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc.
- Advanced search and filter options for selective conversion
- Maintain original folder structure
- Support all versions of MS Outlook and Windows OS
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the default file location of Evolution Mail?
Default location of Evolution Mail: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.evolution\mail
How to convert Evolution mail to Outlook manually?
To convert Evolution mail to Outlook manually, you need to move your Evolution Mailbox to the Eudora file directory. Transfer Eudora to Outlook Express and Export Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook. Once the process gets completed, you can access Evolution Mailbox in Outlook.
Back To Home