Top Method to Convert Evolution Mail to Outlook
May 19, 2021 | Posted by: Deepak Singh Bisht
GNOME Evolution is one of the most popular personal information managers. Many users use the Evolution mail as their primary email program. This application is known for its mails, calendars, and contacts management. It also supports Microsoft Exchange Server. Evolution mail uses POP and IMAP protocols for email retrievals and SMTP for email transmission. Currently, this program does not support Windows OS. As a result, many Evolution users who migrate from Linux to Windows prefer Outlook as an alternative email program.
In this post, we will discuss why migrating Evolution mail to Outlook is the best option, and we will also learn how to export Evolution mail to Outlook. If you are using Evolution mail and want to perform Evolution to Outlook migration, then this post will be helpful for you.
Why Evolution mail to Outlook?
Evolution mail user interface and functionality are similar to Microsoft Outlook. Apart from this, MS Outlook is known for its features and high-level security. It can be used as a standalone application or with SharePoint and Exchange server. To get the benefits of Outlook features, many Evolution mail users choose MS Outlook.
How to convert Evolution mail to Outlook?
To export the Evolution mailbox to Outlook, first save the Evolution mail emails in MBOX format. After that, convert MBOX to Outlook PST file.
Step 1: Exporting mail data from Evolution mail
- Launch Evolution mail
- Select the mailbox folder
- Click on Edit and Select All or use press Ctrl + A
- Go to the File option and choose Save as MBOX
Step 2: Convert exported MBOX to PST format
To convert MBOX files to Outlook PST file, we are going to use SysCurve MBOX to PST Converter tool. This software is secure and easily change MBOX files to PST.
To perform this migration, you need to move the MBOX file to a Windows machine.
- Download and install the MBOX to PST software
- Launch the software and click on the browse option
- Select the MBOX file and click on the OK button to upload the file
- After the uploading process, the software will manage your data and generate a quick preview inside the software window.
- Click on the Export option and select folders which you want to convert
- Choose PST as an export option and provide a path to save the log file
- Set a destination path to save the resultant PST file and click on the Export button
- Once the Evolution mail to Outlook conversion process gets completed, click on the OK button
After the conversion, you can open the PST file with any version of MS Outlook.
Other helpful features of MBOX to PST Converter
- Convert MBOX to PST, MSG, HTML, EML, RTF, and MHTML format
- Support more than 20 MBOX email clients like Eudora, Apple Mail, Evolution mail, Claws Mail, PocoMail, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc.
- Advanced search and filter options for selective conversion
- Maintain original folder structure
- Free conversion for the first 20 items
- Support all versions of MS Outlook and Windows OS
Frequently Asked Questions
How to convert Evolution mail to Outlook manually?
To convert Evolution mail to Outlook manually, first, you need to export Evolution mail data to MBOX format, then import MBOX to Mozilla Thunderbird. After that, convert Thunderbird to Outlook . This process is long and requires other applications and technical expertise.
Can I migrate Evolution mail to Office 365 using this application?
Yes, by using SysCurve MBOX to PST converter tool, you can perform Evolution mail to Office 365 migration. But this feature is available in the business and enterprise version of the software. If you only want to migrate Evolution mail to Office 365, then SysCurve MBOX to Office 365 migration tool will be the best option for you.