Lotus Notes or IBM Notes is a famous enterprise email program. Many organizations use this program as their default email application for sending and receiving emails. It uses the NSF database to store user data. The NSF file is supported by Lotus Notes, and it cannot be open with other email programs. To access the data outside the Lotus Notes, the user performs NSF to PST conversion.
In this post, we will discuss why NSF to EML and what is the best method to convert NSF to EML format. If you are also searching the simplest way to perform Lotus Notes to EML conversion, then this post will be helpful for you.
Why NSF to EML?
Lotus Notes use the NSF database to store user data. NSF is not supported by other email clients. Because of this, data sharing is not possible. To share data outside, users need to convert the NSF mailbox to other file formats. EML file is supported by all major email clients like Thunderbird, Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, etc. Because of this, the user converts NSF to EML format.
How to convert NSF to EML manually?
To convert NSF to EML manually, you can try the manual methods. Here, we are going to use the top two manual methods to convert NSF to EML free. To perform the manual solution, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
Method 1: Export NSF to EML using Drag and Drop Method
- Launch Lotus Notes (IBM Notes)
- Go to the File and click on the Preferences
- Choose Basic Notes Client configuration options from the left pane
- Go to Additional Options, select Drag and drop saves as EML file, and click on the OK button
- Select emails which you want to export (Use CTRL+A to Select All)
- Drag the selected emails and drop inside the Desktop folder
Method 2: Export NSF to EML format using Save As Option
- Launch IBM Notes
- Select the email which you want to export
- Go to the File option and select Save As
- Provide a location and choose EML from Save as type dropdown
- Click on the Save button
After the process, the email will convert into EML format.
Method 3: Convert NSF to EML using NSF Converter
Here we are going to use, SysCurve NSF Converter tool. It is one of the most recommended software that easily convert and export NSF to EML format. By using this software, you can also convert NSF to EMLX format.
- Download and install the NSF Converter
- Open the tool and click on the Add file option
- Select NSF files which you want to convert and click on the OK button to start the loading process
- After the loading process, the software will generate a quick preview inside the software screen
- Click on the Export and choose either Export all folders or Export selected folders option as per your requirement
- Choose EML as an Export option and set a destination path
- Click on the Next button to start NSF to EML conversion
- Once the process gets completed, click on the OK button.
Note: The software requires Lotus Notes installation with a dummy profile on the client's machine.
Other helpful features of NSF to EML converter
- Convert NSF to EML, EMLX, MBOX, PST, HTML, MHTML, MSG, and other file formats
- Perform selective conversion based on To, Cc, Bcc, From, Subject, and Date Range
- Free NSF to EML conversion for the first 20 items
- Migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 and Live Exchange server
- Support all versions of IBM Notes
- Compatible with all editions of Windows OS, including Windows 10
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I open the converted EML files with Windows Live Mail?
Yes, you can open the converted EML files with Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, MS Outlook, and other EML supported email clients.
Is there any NSF to EML freeware available?
No, there is no free tool available. However, many NSF to EML converter comes with a free demo version. But I will suggest the SysCurve NSF Converter. It is one of the most preferred software which is known for its features and simple user interface. By using the free demo version of this software, you can convert and save the first 20 items from each folder.
Can I migrate NSF to Office 365 with this software?
Yes, with the help of this software, you can easily migrate NSF to Office 365 cloud platform. But this feature is available in business and enterprise version of the software.