MS Outlook is a widely used email application. Many organizations and professional users use this email client to send/receive emails. Outlook is known for its features and security. With its help, you can easily configure multiple email accounts at one place. Outlook supports POP3 and IMAP protocols.
But some Outlook users who are using IMAP accounts are getting the (0x800CCC0E): Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders error message.
In this post, we will discuss that Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folder errors. We'll also learn how to fix this error. If you are also facing the same error message then this post will come in handy for you.
Why I am getting synchronize subscribed folders error?
Folders in an IMAP Outlook account that sync regularly with the email server are known as subscribed folders. Outlook displays this message when the email synchronization process is paused or stopped. This message indicates Outlook is not recognizing the IMAP configuration for the subscribed folder structure. There are many reasons behind this error which are mentioned below.
- Unstable Internet Connection
- The firewall is blocking Outlook
- Antivirus Software blocking Outlook
- The mail server does not recognize the IMAP settings
Methods to fix Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders error
To fix this error you have to check the actual cause of this error. Here we will discuss all methods to solve Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders error.
Method 1: Check Internet Connection
First of all, check your internet connection. You have to make sure that your system is well connected to the internet and can send or receive any email.
Method 2: Disable Firewall
If you are facing this error then the firewall can also be the main reason behind it. To solve this you should disable the firewall and then check.
Note: Enable the firewall after completing the task to avoid security issues.
Method 3: Disable Antivirus
If you are using antivirus, then make sure that whether this error is coming due to your antivirus or not. Many times this error is caused due to antivirus. In this case, you can turn off the email protection feature and check whether this error is gone or not.
Method 4: Removing and re-adding the email account
If the above-mentioned methods are not working for you, then you can use this method. It is the most effective method. In this solution, you have to remove your email account first and add it again.
Note: Make a backup before using this procedure.
Step 1: Remove Email Account
- Open MS Outlook.
- Go to the File menu.
- Click on the Account settings and select Account settings.
- Select the email account, which you want to remove and click on the remove icon.
- From the Account Settings popup, click on the Yes button to confirm.
Step 2: Add Email Account
- Open MS Outlook.
- Go to the File menu and click on the Add Account button.
- Enter your name, email, password, and retype the password.
- Click on Next to proceed.
- Once the account is configured properly, then click on the Finish button.
Method 5: Perform a Clean Boot
Clean Boot allows you to open Windows with fewer drivers and startup programs so that you can be sure if another program is interfering with your program. Clean Boot can also be called Open Windows in Safe Mode. To execute this method, follow the steps given below.
- Open your system as an administrator.
- Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration.
- From the System Configuration window, select the Services tab.
- Select Hide all Microsoft services checkbox, and then click on the Disable all button.
- From the System Configuration window, select the Startup tab and select Open Task Manager.
- Now select every item in the Task Manager and click on the Disable button.
- Close Task Manager and restart your system.
- Install MS Outlook and add the email account again.
These methods help you to fix (0x800CCC0E): Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders error message. However, executing these methods take time. If you tried all the above methods and still facing 0x800CCC0E error message, then there is a problem with your OST file.
To repair the OST file, you can try a third-party OST Converter tool. There are various tools available, but I would recommend SysCurve OST to PST Converter. With the help of this tool, you can repair OST files and convert OST to PST format. The tool also provides an advanced preview mode where you can see all OST file data. It also comes with a free trial version, which allows users to export the first 20 items from each folder. First, try the demo version. The software is compatible with all Windows OS like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, etc. It also supports all versions of MS Outlook, including Outlook 2019.
In this post, we discussed Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders error and the reasons behind this error. We also tried all the main methods to fix this issue. Hope this post will help you.