Sep 23, 2021 | Email Conversion
How to Permanently Delete Your Hotmail or Outlook Account?
By Deepak Singh Bisht
There are many webmail services, but few have stood the test of time. Hotmail is one of them. It was founded in 1996 in California by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith. It has gone through many changes. In 1997 Hotmail was acquired by Microsoft and relaunched as MSN Hotmail. In 2007 Microsoft relaunched MSN Hotmail as Windows Live Hotmail and later changed it to Outlook.com in 2013.
If you are no longer using Hotmail, Windows Live, or Outlook email and looking for the best way to delete a Hotmail account permanently, then this post will help you.
Things to know before permanently deleting Hotmail account
- If you have an active subscription to Hotmail, Windows Live, or Outlook, you must visit the Microsoft billing service before you can close the account.
- To delete your Hotmail or Outlook accounts, you must close the entire Microsoft account.
- If you want to close your Skype account, don't forget to spend Skype Credit.
- It will take 60 days to close an email account after making a request.
- Once you permanently close the account, you will not receive any new email on that account.
How to delete a Hotmail or Outlook account?
To permanently delete your Hotmail account, you have to log in to a web browser. After that, you can delete your account.
- Open Hotmail.com on a web browser and click on Sign In
- Enter your email, phone, or Skype account details and click the Next button
- Enter the password and click on the Sign-in button
- Go to the top right and click on the account icon
- Click on My Microsoft account and click on Your Info option
- Scroll down and click on How to close your account
- Read the information and click on the Next button
- Review all the information and click the check box
- Select I no longer want a Microsoft account as a reason
- Click on Mark Account for Closure button and click on the Done button.
Within 60 days of the request, your Hotmail or Outlook account will be permanently deleted.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to close a Hotmail account that has been hacked?
First, take back control of your Microsoft account. To do this, change your Microsoft password. After changing the password, you can use the above method to permanently delete your Hotmail account.
How to delete a Hotmail account without a password?
If your account isn't set up with an email client or you haven't used your account for a long time, you don't need to worry. Microsoft automatically closes such Hotmail Windows Live or Outlook accounts after some period. If your account is set up with an email client, remove it from that client.
How to regain deleted Hotmail account access?
If you have made a Hotmail account deletion request and want to gain access to the deleted Hotmail account, you must log in to the Hotmail account within the 60-day grace period. Once the grace period has over, you will no longer be able to access the account.